“I wanted a pouch for my tree wedge. There’s no need for anything extreme, but it’s got to be functional. Which one should I buy?”
The question above helped us make this review on the best felling wedge pouch and holster.
Before we get into the topic of getting the best felling wedge pouch. Let’s just take a moment to talk about a tree felling wedge.
For starters, it’s nothing more than a piece of material (it’s mostly wood, but there are plastic options out there). While you’re dealing with a large chunk of standing timber, it’s prudent that you keep yourself safe.
And that’s the primary objective of getting a tree felling wedge. It helps you guide the log and keep you safe.
The tree felling wedge is small and is easy to displace. So, to save you from this unwanted mishap, we found some felling wedge pouch and holster options.
Best Felling Wedge Pouch and Holster: Our Top 7 Choices
1. Weaver Leather 08-97235 Heavy-Duty, Multi-Tool Holster
- It features a robust polypropylene construction.
- The loop acts as a belt attachment.
- You have 3.5-inch pockets to hold wedges.
- There is a 2-inch wide pocket for chainsaw file and a saw wrench.
The Weaver Leather Multi-Tool Holster is occupying the first spot in this review of the best wedge holster.
There are a couple of reasons behind it.
First of all, it’s got one of the best designs that are currently available on the market. And the wide pockets can hold up to 3 wedges, perfectly suitable for the average user. Even a professional can take advantage of the functionality.
Overall, if you look at all the features, you will find them to be balanced. It’s a highly suitable option for professionals and novices alike. Do check it out for yourselves.
- The material feels sturdy.
- Spacing is adequate to hold 2-large and 1-small wedge.
- The wrench holder has enough space.
- The overall functionality is on point.
- The belt loop is on the smaller side.
2. Trailhead Gear Black Durable Tree Felling Bucking Wedge Belt Pouch Holdster Kit
- The 600 Denier Polyester fabric offers a premium feel.
- Resistant to impact and unwanted flex.
- You get 2-wedges with a length of 5.5-inch and a 1-inch rise.
- You have serrated notches that prevent any slippage.
The makers at Trailhead have a good reputation for offering products that have a good balance between price and performance. Although it’s not going to be the very best, it is up there with other prominent options.
The build quality is one of the first things that are noteworthy about this kit. Also, the fact that you get two decent-size wedges with the kit is a complete steal at this price point.
All in all, we believe the Trailhead Gear Black Holdster kit can be a solid choice for those who are looking for a complete option. You may want to keep it on your shopping list.
- The overall construction is acceptable.
- The included wedges can take down small trees.
- You won’t have to deal with any chainsaw chain damage.
- A satisfactory choice for pros.
- The size is small, which can be a bummer for some folks.
3. DEWALT DG5139 Heavy-duty Hammer Holder
- You get the ballistic poly reliability.
- There is integrated padding for added comfort.
- It can fit 2-3/4-inch wide belts.
- The hammer loop is made of durable steel.
Dewalt, as many of you already know, makes some of the best power tools. In the market for home power tools, they hold their standards.
And the Dewalt DG5319 is a testament to the above statement.
This hammer holder is particularly popular for its superior build quality. Also, if you consider the ease of use, then you’d want this hammer holder to be a part of your tool arsenal.
If you want a hammer holster that’s particularly effective and isn’t a waste of investment, then you should certainly take a closer look at it.
- The construction is excellent.
- The reachability is noticeable.
- Padded sides are a nice touch.
- Stability is on point.
- The absence of a hammer strap is noticeable.
4. LABONVILLE Universal Wedge & Tool Pouch with Steel Snap
- It’s compatible with LABONVILLE Chainsaw Chaps.
- It’s a 7×12-inch pouch.
- It’s got a durable poly outer shell that is less prone to damage.
- The steel snap is an added bonus.
The brand LAVONVILLE has a certain amount of traction in the consumer market. They tend to offer solid overall build quality.
And it is one of the reasons we have the LAVONVILLE Wedge Tool and Pouch in our review list.
If you’re running a LAVONVILLE chainsaw, then you can certainly go for it. It’s got all the bells and whistles you could need. And the pricing makes it a very competitive option.
- The steel snap offers decent functionality.
- It’s got ample space for wedges, files, and other tools.
- The sizing is standard.
- A decent wedge pouch for professionals.
- The compatibility with other brands is limited.
5. Woodland PRO Leather Wedge Pouch
- It’s a leather wedge pouch.
- The leather feels nice on touch.
- There is room for a minimum of 2-wedges.
- You can hold small tools as well.
The Woodland PRO Ledge pouch is particularly suitable for a novice user.
The pouch has a decent size and is suitable to hold small-scale tools. The leather pouch doesn’t make any particularly heavy compromises.
All in all, it’s a solid choice that won’t be a waste, especially for a novice user. So, if you’re just getting started, then you may want to look into it.
- A great option for beginners.
- It’s an acceptable pouch for small-scale use.
- The size is convenient for on-the-go functionality.
- The pricing is a bit high.
6. Weaver Arborist Multi-Tool Holster
- It features a durable polypropylene construction.
- The loop is there for belt attachment.
- The pockets are 3-inch in width for different sizes of wedges.
- The chap leather folders are good for holding files and wrenches.
The Weaver Arborist Multi-Tool holster will be a pouch holster known for its superior build quality.
If you factor in all the features and combine them together, then you’ll find this wedge pouch to be one of the best options, especially if you are a professional.
This wedge pouch will make professional work a lot easier if you can take advantage of it.
- As always, the construction is acceptable.
- The storage capacity is commendable.
- The nickel-plated rivets offer an extra level of security.
- The standard sizing is convenient for pros.
The leather part doesn’t feel too premium.
7. Woodland PRO Leather Wedge Pouch & Belt Combo Set
- It features a premium leather build with a durable nylon belt.
- You have a 2-inch belt that’s adjustable up to 46-inches.
- The large pocket can hold a 12-inch wedge with additional tools (pouch extension).
- There is an accessory clip with a swivel-like setup on the outside.
The Woodland Pro Leather Wedge Pouch and Combo Set come with a premium build quality, which is one of its key features.
Leather pouches are often in the wishlist for certain individuals. And this wedge pouch does come with all the features you could possibly need.
If you factor in all of these, then you have a prominent choice at hand. You may want to take a closer look at it
- The leather exterior looks and feels premium.
- You can hold a good number of wedges and other tools.
- The rivets and sewed parts offer good rigidity.
- The quick-connect buckle is a nice feature.
- Longevity is an issue.
If you’ve made it this far, we would like to congratulate you.
Granted, this review on the best felling wedge pouch and holster hasn’t been easy, for both yourselves and us. There’s been a massive exchange of information. And it’s never easy to take all of them in at once.
But before we leave, here are a few quick tips.
First of all, you’d want a pouch that feels right in your hand. Then you’d want to look at the number of compartments. The belt size and its rigidity are important factors to consider as well. Last but not the least, you’d want to check the functionality-will it help you on a day to day basis?
That’s pretty much all there is to it.
We hope you find a pouch holster that worth your money. Cheers!