Car tires and the wells are almost like best friends to dust, dirt, and mud- and you’d agree on that for sure.
But what you can’t do is leave them like that. For that, you’ve to go through s series of steps to look them like new. But sometimes, these steps can be so messy and you might get tired of them. Dealing with all those cleaners, brooms, brushes, and all that is not the proper way of how to clean car tires.
We’ve got you a simple list of actionable steps, which can save hours of yours for this car tire cleaning job. Get along with the rest of the article and you’ll know-how-
What's On the Page
What's On the Page
Clean Your Car Tires with Right Products
To clean your car’s tire with a proper way to extend their life, you need to have the right set of products in hand. Although most of the motorists are satisfied to rinse their tires with high-pressure water simply. But there are some problems with just rinsing the tire and expecting it to be shiny like a new one.
However, if this technique can make it possible to clean the rubber on the surface, they do not remove the gravel and bitumen residue stuck between the grooves of the tire. It is highly recommended to clean your car tires if you plan to store them for a long time.
Many of the car owners seek for the best way to clean tires with household products, which is pretty good. The usual method is washing your tires with soapy water. Brush them and rinse with clean water. Simple, fast, and cheap.
For efficient washing, it is strongly recommended to clean your car tires with a high-pressure jet. Do not use round nozzles, use flat nozzles to avoid damaging the rubber of your tires, and keep a minimum distance of 20 centimeters.
Some products are specially designed for cleaning tires for optimum safety. Their composition makes it possible to protect the tire from UV rays, to increase their resistance to water, and to reduce the adhesion of dust present on the road.
Recommended Product For Tire and Wheel:
Clean and Restore Shining Your Tires: Uncovered Tips
To keep your car tires clean and radiant, there are some renovators available. These allow to “blacken” the edges of the tire to improve their appearance, without damage to them.
For shiny tires, there are also products in the market. That is Effective and fast to use, they can spray foam and give a shiny appearance to your tires in seconds.
Note: Sometimes professionals are applying renovators to restore radiance from the tires. This product is not only a protector but also makes your tires darker and shine. An ideal ally to restore a beautiful look to your vehicle!
Take some advantages of cleaning your car tires to check their wear and inflation pressure.
If taking care of your tires is essential, the maintenance of the wheels should not be neglected. It helps prevent dust and sludge deposits.
What is Banned for The Tires?
How to Clean Your Tires without Being an Expert?
Before You Start
First, it should be noted that if the wheel is removing, and also inside the tire is clean, the result is spectacular, but not in the usual way to do it, unless we leave the car in the hands of professionals.
The wheels must be cold because the brakes accumulate and transmit rims heat. It is also essential that the application times marking the manufacturer of the cleaner are respected; otherwise, if they are dried, they can leave undesirable marks.
Whenever we use a wheel cleaner first be tested on a small surface, leave and rinse and we also take special care of painted wheels because they never accept aggressive cleaners.
Moreover, it is recommended that tires and wheels be the first part of the wash. Otherwise, it can splash and dirty parts of the car that was already clean.
Steps of Cleaning A Car tire
The tools you need are recommended before; cleaning products, brushes, and Wheel cleaning wand, soapy water (3-4 liters of water+ a tablespoon dish soap).
- Brushes to scrubs the wheel and remove all traces of grease and dirt.
- Wet your wheel and clean it first. Start with a normal wash or use a pressure washer to eject the mass of dirt on the surface of your wheel.
- Spray the wheel and tire cleaner, leave it for about 3 minutes and start rubbing with the brush.
- For the inside of the wheels, try to use a Wheel cleaning wand. If the rim is hard to reach, using an old toothbrush.
- When the back of the rim is clean, you can move to the front. Thoroughly rinse all parts.
- Immerse the brush into the bucket of soapy water and rinse the rim and tire.
- Rinse the tires and wheels with a hose.
- Dry it with a towel.
- For a perfect result, apply tire coating on the tire.
How to Remove Brake Dust on Rims and Hubcaps?
If you notice black residue on your rims and tires, it is probably brake dust. To remove the brake dust-
- Apply a certain amount of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Wait about ten minutes and let the oil works.
- Rub well with a clean cloth to remove brake dust.
How to Clean Chrome Hubcaps?
To clean chrome hubcaps follow the instruction below-
- White Vinegar: Apply diluted white vinegar. Vinegar will eliminate greasy residue and could also help you get rid of rust residues from your hubcaps.
- Aluminum Foil: Take a piece of aluminum foil and use the matte side to rub the chrome surfaces. Moreover, this could help eliminate rust on the hubcaps.
- Baby Oil: Apply baby oil with a soft, lint-free cloth on your chrome hubcaps to give them shine.
How to Remove Tar from Car Tires?
Cleaning and removing tar are not always easy. So, you have to more careful to remove tar.
- Apply a little linseed oil (our pick: Sunnyside 87332 Linseed Oil) to the tar stain.
- Leave the oil on the tires for 30 minutes that the oil penetrates the tar.
- Scratch the tar and rinse with water, wipe with a clean cloth.
You can also use a fatty acid substance(mayonnaise, butter, margarine, etc.) to clean the tar.
How to Shine Your Car Tires?
# Shine Your Tires With Oil
A simple and inexpensive way to shine the sidewalls of your car tires is to use olive oil or other vegetable oil.
Apply a good amount of olive oil to the sidewall of your tires with a clean and soft cloth. Then rub the tire surface in a circular motion. Of course, this is not a long-term solution, but this thing will allow you to have glazing tires for a car trip.
For even brighter tires
To make your tires even brighter and lustrous follow the steps below
- Mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with olive oil.
- Pour the solution into a sprayer and spray it on your tires.
- Wring the tire with a clean and soft cloth.
What kind of oil should Use
This is not necessary that you have to use olive oil. You can make your tires shine with –
- Olive Oil
- Castor oil
- Lemon oil
Some other homemade ingredients can be used (Mayonnaise, Mustard, Cooking spray) safely on your tires to shine them at home. Simply apply to the tire sidewalls with a lint-free cloth and let them dry.
Here is the recommended oil for shining tires-
- Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Viva Naturals Certified Organic Castor Oil
- NOW Lemon Oil
- Castrol 03084 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
- Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
# Shine Your Tires with Wax
Although there are many commercial car wax products available, it is a good idea to use shoe polish as a car wax product.
Apply a black wax on the sidewall of your tires with a soft cloth or brush and rub well to penetrate the wax. You have to use a high-quality black polish(our pick: Kiwi Shoe Shine Kit, Black) to get a shiny and glossy black tire.
Get Rid of Polecat and Skunk Smell from Car Tire
If you rolled on a skunk or polecat, then the nauseating odor is likely to remain on your car tires. To get rid of this smell-
- Add a cup of mustard powder to a bucket of hot water.
- Sprinkle the wheels with this mixture.
- Wait a few minutes and let the solution work.
- Finally, rinse thoroughly with water.
Well-maintained tires give you more safety. Do you know what is harmful to using worn tires are? Worn tires will be more prone to the risk of punctures, Heat build-up, Hydroplaning, and aquaplaning. Not to mention the fact that their performance braking and handling are greatly diminished.
How to Know the Condition of Entire Tires?
One important part of the maintenance chore is to know the condition of the tire. And there are a few indicators for that.
The wear indicator serves to measure the wear of a tire. This is a rubber paver with a thickness of 1.6 mm. When the tread reaches its level, the tire needs to be replaced.
You can also use a depth gauge, a tool to measure the depth of the tire grooves. This is one of the appropriate methods.
What Are The Criteria to Control?
Check the inflation pressures once a month. Too little or too much tire pressure causes loss of grip, less effective braking performance, increased fuel consumption, and more importantly tire burst.
Check and adjust the geometry of your car. It’s also called parallelism, it consists of making sure that the wheels are parallel to each other. The parallelism can be modified if one of your tires has encountered an obstacle (sidewalk or pothole).
Check the tightness of the valves that are subject to deterioration over time. A valve in good condition prevents any escape of air and keeps the tire pressure.
Tires are the most used parts of the car and dirty car tires harm your personality. So, you need to reshine your car tires quickly. For doing that, here I have discussed the cleaning of car tires.
Follow the process and give extra life to your car tires and rims.