- 1 Here Are the List of Main Parts of the Ideal Axe
- 2 Different Parts of an axe in details
- 3 Some Popular Type of Axes Used For Wood Cutting Purposes
- 3.1 Splitting Axe
- 3.2 Example Of Splitting Axe with Features:
- 3.3 Felling Axe
- 3.4 Example Of Felling Axe with Features:
- 3.5 Hatchet
- 3.6 Example Of Hatchet with Features:
- 3.7 Carpenter’s Axe
- 3.8 Example Of Carpenter’s Axe with Features:
- 3.9 Adze
- 3.10 Example Of Adze with Features:
- 3.11 Broadaxe
- 3.12 Example Of Adze with Features:
- 4 Conclusion
The axe has many shapes and many uses. But all kind of axe has some certain parts.
So, if you are not familiar with the different parts of an axe, many considerable things will be avoided while buying.
You may wonder;
An axe will be more efficient If you are acquainted with the certain parts of an axe.
- Axe Eye
- Blade/Cutting Edge
- Axe Lip
- Axe Side/Cheek
- Axe Handle
- End Knob
Different Parts of an axe in details
You might be often confused what kind of axe is the best for splitting wood or what kind of axe is best for camping?
Don’t worry! let’s talk about different types of axes that will help you to decide.
There are different shape and different size axe available in market for different purposes.
Axe used as a weapon,axe used for woodworking purposes, survival purpose and also many more.
we are here to introduce you to some important and popular types of axes related to woodworking
Let’s Have a look;
Some Popular Type of Axes Used For Wood Cutting Purposes
An axe used to split wood into small and manageable pieces. The cutting edge is more wedge-shaped. For this reason, the axe to split wood apart without cutting them.
Example Of Splitting Axe with Features:
- Perfect Blade design include low friction coat
- Sharp Edge and comfortable grip
- Proper weight Distribution provides more power
- Lightweight and Unbreakable Handle
The thin edge axes. Those are used to cut wood, chop and fell down a tree. The cutting blade is thin and sharp. A sharp blade makes the axe more efficient.
Example Of Felling Axe with Features:
Helko Classic Scout – 2.5 Lb Felling Axe Features
- Grade A American Hickory Handle
- Total Weight: 4 lb.Head Weight: 2.5 lb and Length: 28 in.
- Comes with leather sheath
Hatchet are small, lightweight axe designed for use one hand.It is effective for rough cuts and cutting the branches of firewood. It’s mostly used for camping and traveling for its lightweight.Many people get confused and ask is a hatchet is an axe?In simple words, a hatchet is a one hand axe.
Example Of Hatchet with Features:
Estwing Special Edition Sportsman’s Axe – 14″ Camping Hatchet Features
- Handle made of steel with comfortable Leather Grip
- Most Durable
- Perfect length and cutting edge for all types of cutting
- Suitable for outdoor uses
An axe looks like Hatchet but a little bit larger than a hatchet.It’s generally used in traditional woodwork. The poll of carpenter’s axe is designed for used as a hammer.
Example Of Carpenter’s Axe with Features:
Husqvarna 576926501 19″ Wooden Carpenter’s Axe Features
- Thin Sharp Blade for perfect cutting
- High-Quality hickory handle
- Designed with maximum control
- Ideal length for camp used
An adze is a perpendicular sharpen metal piece attached to a handle.Its used for smoothing, sharpening or carving hand wood. Moreover, It is used as the pickaxe.
Example Of Adze with Features:
Solidtools Forged Adze Hoe Features
- American hickory handle
- Sharp Blade but Not for woodworking
- Suitable for Gardening
A broadaxe is a large axe with a wide blade. It is two types. If one side of the broadaxe is flat and other side is beveled then its called single bevel, or chisel-edged axe.On the other hand, both sides are beveled axe called double bevel axe.Two types broadaxe are used as weapons and also used for hewing timber and logs.
Example Of Adze with Features:
Vaughan & Bushnell SB2 Broad Hatchet dark blue Features
- Extra large hickory handle
- Beveled cutting edge
- Rust resistance with black colour
Buying a right axe make your life easier.